Workshops, Panel Discussions, Product Demos
Learn and participate in Workshops, Panel Discussions, and Presentations
Take part in learning opportunities that are geared specifically with the professional model maker in mind. Learn from experts, share with colleagues, further your own professional development while promoting the whole field of model making!
Technology/Craft – investigate the latest in materials, equipment, and techniques along with the nuts-and-bolts of bringing concept to reality with leaders in the field.
- Scanning: The World of White Light
- Rapid Prototyping
- Molding Roundtable
- Large-scale 3D Laser Scanning
- 3D Printing Roundtable
- Build Your Own Customized Computer
- Dust Collection Systems
- Making Complex Parts
Business Management – improve the return on your investment with ideas on efficiency and profitability in internal processes and external opportunities.
- Managing Projects and Costs
- DIY FYI: The Maker Movement
- Promoting and Marketing the APMM
- Roundtable Discussion with our Keynote Speaker
- Build Your Network Series: informal talks on a number of topics
Career – whether you’re just getting started in model making, mid-career, or seeking talented new employees.
- Your Portfolio: First Impressions Last
- Reinventing the Model Maker in Modern Times
- So, You're a Model Maker, Now What?: what young professionals are discovering
- Interns and Apprentices
- Portfolio Review
Vendor Demonstrations – product demonstrations and hands-on reviews of vendors’ products and equipment.